Who We Are
LouisianaSenioRx.org is a program that connects qualified, low-income people with discount prescription drugs, direct from the pharmaceutical manufacturer.
The mission of the Louisiana SenioRx Program is to link qualifying senior citizens with pharmaceutical aid programs. The program was created in 2003 by the Louisiana Legislature to provide resources to help senior citizens access and apply for manufacturer's discount cards and pharmaceutical assistance programs. The program is administered by the Governor's Office of Elderly Affairs.
What We Offer
Help for Those in Need
- You may be eligible for certain prescription assistance if:
- You are disabled or 60 and older
- Your income level fits within the qualification guidelines (varies by program)
- You do not have insurance covering medications.
- You a chronic illness taking prescribed daily medications for the condition.
SenioRx does not provide assistance for obtaining short-term medications to meet acute needs, including antibiotics.
Access to Free or Nearly Free Medicines for Those Who Qualify
Patients will be directed to the public or private programs most likely to meet their needs. LouisianaSenioRx.org helps low-income, uninsured patients:
- Enroll in company patient assistance programs
- Access medicines for free or at a low cost
- Learn how to contact government programs for which they may qualify, such as Medicaid, Medicare, or the State Children’s Health Insurance Program
Qualifications vary by programs.